The Libra's Poem.

 I adore the way he gazes at me

as if I can move the ocean with the slow, relaxing stretch of my arm

and how he smiles at me

his dimples the pits of my obsession

but still cute with intention, that is nothing short of mischievous

but like it's a secret just between us


I like the way he sees me, I like his heart.

Not that I am arrogant enough to think that I know his heart 

But it seems pretty pure so far


I'm no stranger to desire 

I want what I want when I want it and I want it now

& I genuinely feel like my skin is being peeled off every moment I am not getting it

My point is, it's not just lust, I know lust.

For lust is but a fever that passes after a few days and a dose of reality. 

However, if I am being completely transparent I would be a liar to deny the thick layer of carnal attraction- it just happens to be besides the point. 

At least for me 

at this time

at this moment

at this juncture

in this pandemic. 

But I do like the way he touches my body, like we met in another life.


But it's not, it's not that I'm having a hard time letting go of

I guess there's this type of... innocence? I guess, in how I feel about him.

It's like in meeting him I found a piece of myself that I had previously left behind.

But... I'm choosing to pick it up again.

And I've thought about it, that maybe I am making all this up in my head

& it's quite possible that he doesn't even see me

But he inspired me to see me

A side of me I did not previously know

And a side of me that I thought had died

So I don't think I want to breed 

jealousy

envy

entitlement

& disrespect

for someone who made me feel something that can only be described as 'holy'

Not because he is a God

I do not put men on a pedestal 

What I feel is 'holy' has nothing to do with him and everything to do with me.

he activated the goddess in me

an energy source that wants to pour in unconditional and functional love


I like the fact that the part of me that desires to be thoughtful, soft, generous, and the embodiment of light

I like that it's about me

but I like that it's about you too. 

Thank you for being you. 

Comments