Lover x 2

He was captivating, interesting, with his brown eyes and beautiful brown skin.
I was enchanted, obsessed there was just something about him. 
She was beautiful and oh was she was my favorite sin.
Her lips tasted like darkness and ice, her existence salvation and light.
I bet you think this is a love story, about two puzzle pieces that fell together.
You're kind of right. I think there's something about being attracted to people that can lead to them being attracted to each other.
I think it's some kind of law, that's written or maybe it's the curse of being an overachieving lover.

Record scratch. 
Freeze frame.
Guess I should start from the beginning. 

I met her when I was still innocent I guess 
Unaware that I was bisexual just yet. 
You know teenage years, experimenting.
Drugs and people, places you've never been. 
Something about her just captivated me 
But I knew she was bad for me, just like my favorite candy.
You may think the comparison is rather corny 
But the meetings of her thighs made me rather....
Also she tasted like a forbidden fruit, sweet and sour in all the right ways
She was always on my mind, all night and all day
And she was the first to call me a goddess you know
From my curly hair all the way down to my tiny toes.
I'm not sure if I was looking for my ex in her
Or if it was the thrill of the chase, the agony of an endeavor
So I did what I always do, presented my body while keeping my feelings in the shadows
Thinking I'm slick, like I didn't fall for a black widow.
Eventually I got over her, I was doing just fine.
Until she ended up with a boy I was trying to make mine.

If I'm being honest, he wasn't that special. 
Not that he wasn't cute or smart... Just not someone remarkable.
My soul knows when a connection is bound to happen.... And this just wasn't it.
Guess I liked the chase more than I actually liked him.
Until I saw him with her.... 
They say there's something about a guy with a girlfriend
They were right, except the part where they say it's about him.
I don't think I've ever forgiven myself for how I felt about her
I found myself bitter, resentful, maybe both, I'm not really sure.
Found myself captivated with her ex.
Guess I just missed her, the sweet taste. 
But he was just a man, nothing compares to the touch of a woman.
But it wasn't really that, it was everything about her
I could write novels just about her aura....
A real life, blood pumping, heart breaking jigsaw
In the midst of all this I coined a law
For the lover who wants it all but still wants to survive
Make sure what you bury is dead before it haunts you alive.


Comments