Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 6

Day 6

So these pictures were take at an abandoned house by Rubben Mabuku.
He's a strictly black and white photographer and he told me that he doesn't do photo shoots, he does concept shoots.
He wanted to capture me as a poet and he prefers picking places still in construction because of the varying textures but I had different ideas for the location. 
When I got the pictures back, they did what he's out here to do - they inspired me, gave me a concept to work with because yes, sometimes my poetry is happy and is for the purpose of healing.
But sometimes we have to fall apart before we can start again.
 

Of Becoming A Poet

I have always had a habit of marking my territory. 
Even if I leave, I need you to know that I was there, whether it's a place or on your body.
I am always willing to express it with poetry.
I mark the corner of books, white walls, the flesh of men I have lusted, the souls of those I have touched, with lipstick, with hickies, with love. 
Always with love.

Comments