Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 20

Day 20


For The Women I Have Lost

To the women I had the pleasure to encounter.
Before you had to depart to become an ancestor.
To the women who bithed my mother and my mother's mother.
 This is my heartfelt appreciation.
To the strong lineage of women I have come from and lost.
To the women who blessed me with my beauty.
To the women who made my existence a possibility. 
To the women who knew how to take care of themselves.
To the women who raised families of up to 8 children while making it look so simple. 
To the women who have loved and been with the same men for their whole lives
Women who've shown me that it's possible to keep the spark alive.
To the women who paved a path for me to be myself.
To the women who insisted on being independent. 
To the women who blessed me with DNA that makes me strong.
I'm so thankful for all you have done.
I'm doing my best to carry your legacy, to never let you down.


Comments