Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 16

Day 16

These pictures were take at an abandoned house by Rubben Mabuku.
Rubben loves poetry and pushing boundaries.
I'm still relatively new to this, still exploring what it means to be Lacy Lover.
I'm still a relatively new poet and spoken word performer. 
I'm still a creative who is constantly questioning herself and her work. 
But I'm pushing, I'm trying to dismiss my insecurities and not being afraid of inspires me.
This house did. I remember passing it with a photographer one day and saying a shoot here [for someone else, not me] would be cool and she looked at me like I was insane and I thought that maybe I am.
A year later when I suggested the place to Rubben, he got SO excited while I was SUPER nervous about shooting at an abandoned house. 
I really thought I'd look stupid but Rubben just has that vision.
Seeing me through his lens has taught me so much about myself as a creative, as a person, as a woman.
The process has taught me so much and this writing project is teaching me so much too.
We're currently halfway through and I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am!


Of Losing Him

He called me a Queen so in his absence, I call myself a Goddess.
And it's no wonder he left, because what's a Goddess to an atheist?


Comments