Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 10

Day 10

So these pictures were take at an abandoned house by Rubben Mabuku.
He's a strictly black and white photographer and he told me that he doesn't do photo shoots, he does concept shoots.
He wanted to capture me as a poet and he prefers picking places still in construction because of the varying textures but I had different ideas for the location. 
When I got the pictures back, they did what he's out here to do - they inspired me, gave me a concept to work with because yes, sometimes my poetry is happy and is for the purpose of healing.
But sometimes we have to fall apart before we can start again.



Of Becoming A Poet V 

So now I'm this person going through the most
Trying to put all these feelings into a poem
Where do I even start?
Do people even want to hear about my broken heart? 
The fact that I feel traumatized and damaged?
The fact that I'm always asking myself if there's more to life than this?
How am I supposed to do this when I'm such an introvert?
Also - don't I need permission
To fulfill my creative ambitions?
Isn't there some kind of form I need to fill in
Before I can be classified as a creative?
So in frustration I toss my hands up and decide
That maybe being a poet
Is just feeling things and having the guts to say it.
Write it.
And proclaim it as art.
Maybe it's enough, to talk about love and all the ways I hurt.

Comments