Mother Nature.

I am the earth.
I am sturdy, I am self sufficient and I make what I need.
My jagged stones are sharp, so I can cut through all.
I have to be tough, especially since I'm usually alone.
Not that I don't like it that way, not that I don't want you to stay
I'm just pretty independent and don't have the capacity to obsess over why you went....
I'm not making room for people who are only temporary.
I've got everything I need, I've already got me.
I've travelled my planet, learnt to love me.
I know the back of my forests, the bees, the bugs, I know the scratches on the bark of every tree.
So I can't deal with people who don't even know that their planets have seas
That drown people while they remain in denial
Because they can't be fucking bothered to or are too scared to be self aware.

To be vulnerable is to make a you shaped hole in my life 
And be okay with the fact that what I dug up was actually alive.
But for those who are worthy, I'll part the earth, rip through tornadoes, split my sea.
Have the curves shaped to your quirks and the bends to your perks
I am who I am but I'll make room for you, I'll make it work.
It must be so easy to be space, all can just submerge into you
Letting people in won't be a process, isn't on a list of things that you'd need to do.
There's no bending, digging or uprooting of trees.
All you have to do is fucking be.
But I'm me, I'm the personification of the earth
At least when I make room for you, even when you die your remains will rebirth
There's nothing simple or easy about it
I don't believe you are anything short of a soulmate, a twin soul, another half
So I'm always intense, and in this world feel like I'm always too much
Because I don't acknowledge mediocrity when it comes to love.
I'm earthly and practical, I won't always be perfect.
But I'll never ever question if I am worth it.
Because not all can consume you and under pressure help turn your very existence into diamonds
And I'll never let anyone tear you apart, I'll be the covalent bonds between your carbon.
And we can flow with the changes, I mean didn't I invent the seasons?
I'm steady, reliable, I'm someone you can lean on.
I may posses qualities like mother Gaia
How many other women do you know can give birth without the need of a father?
But I think with you I'd love to give you the honor 
How many others would give birth to the skies?
Just for you to look at the sunset and know how beautiful is to look in your eyes.....

So yeah, I'm the earth and I know you'd want to simplify that to me being stubborn, me being rigid, me being plain.
And hey, I guess if I didn't know me I'd be foolish enough not to dig deeper, would think the same.
I am Mother Nature, please don't compare me to anything else.
And if you can't handle it, please look deeper within yourself.

Loving you is giving birth to a God, I worship it, I bow to it, I make sacrifices at this Love's alter.
It's okay if you still have wounds, I'll heal them like saltwater 
It'll sting at first but soon I'll make it all better.
For I am the sun and the moon, the seas and the sky.




Comments