Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 28

Day 28

Photographer: Rubben Mabuku


Free Write

I am amazing
 Breath taking
Flawed
 Intense 
An enigma 
An open book.
I am the embodiment of poetry, I live it, breathe it.
Would sacrifice myself for it.
I am broken while still being whole, 
simple while still being complex.
I see how the world makes us darker, more rigid
Hesitant, fills us with with regret while we try and move forward.
I see the yin in the yang, the beauty in the land
I smell freshly cut grass, lavender and the burning of sage in the middle of a field
 I hear the earth  laughing as we drown in one of her her sweetly scented perfumes
Drowning us in what I assume is love and purity.
I hear birds chirping, a brand new start
Children playing and babies crying.
No Louis Armstrong.
I hear the silence God lives in and 
Think about how humans try and defy what they are.

I think about the world and the ways I can make it better while simultaneously living in it
 Leaving my mark as an individual before I go back to Source
To the beginning, the start and the end. 
A body with a soul becoming a soul without limits
Not overlooking how good it feels to be human.
I touch my soft skin basking in it's melanated, sun kissed glory
My afro as soft & fluffy as cotton
With just a sweet touch of ylang ylang. & I desire nothing more for I have just touched God.

Comments