Of Poets & Other Abandoned Things: Day 8

Day 8


So these pictures were take at an abandoned house by Rubben Mabuku.
He's a strictly black and white photographer and he told me that he doesn't do photo shoots, he does concept shoots.
He wanted to capture me as a poet and he prefers picking places still in construction because of the varying textures but I had different ideas for the location. 
When I got the pictures back, they did what he's out here to do - they inspired me, gave me a concept to work with because yes, sometimes my poetry is happy and is for the purpose of healing.
But sometimes we have to fall apart before we can start again.


Of Becoming A Poet III

The next step is to cautiously observe yourself.
The way we see the world, the message we'd like to tell.
Critical self analysis.
Continuous questioning.
We have already chosen books we wish to keep on our shelves.
Now we have to think about the mark we intend to leave on the wold.
I have thought long and and about this.
About how it's so dangerously easy to sound like someone else.
Telling stories many of us experience
About love and loss, how may poems are there about these things?
If I've always been lover
Would it be futile to write more about love
Even in a world that could need some more?
Who am I expected to be in this world of poetry?





Comments