Dark & Goddessly Dreams.

This is the first piece I ever performed! I performed it in August 2015's Spoken Word Show at the Warehouse Theatre in Windoek, Namibia
I hope you like it. x

The sun, blazing the most beautiful beautiful shade of auburn orange highlighted in patches of red to match the intensity.
Sky to the left the most youthful shade of pink with a well blended blue.
My head's spinning oblivious to beauty I'm unaware still exists
Because I'm thinking about
bad habits
& knife close to wrists
how often do we use silent gestures to scream for help?
Do you know how difficult it is to even let out a welp?
I ram it down for the illusion of self esteem.
Third eye looking at me in the mirrors saying "oh darling, you thought this was the dream?
it's a nightmare
a social taboo to be torn up and then still stripped bare."
I desperately need the reminder that dreams
are the balance between death and how corpses contribute to earth's subtle green.

Now the moon is out
it's glow touching my crown
When the darkness settles, do you know how easy it is to drown?
In dark and twisted oceans outlined with the shades of the moon with waves vibrating almost evanescent
I think of the healthy layers I shed and question where the fuck they went
the tides are rippled through what's supposed to be blue
but are dark and ugly because depression lingers in my chest, chilling it and it's whole motherfucking crew.
Chakra glowing trying to find the words to help me respond
to how me and this evil have unfortunately found a way to bond
See, nobody ever told me that I should make room in my body for the pain to fit in
That instead of looking in books and drugs, flesh and skin
I should rather be looking for these answer within.

So I chase for peace that will somehow leave me in a trance
But as usual trying to sleep is an old, insomniac's dance
that needs to settle because I';m tired of giving the aches inside of me a chance
See... Demon's taking over is never allowed.
My dreams won't allow it, they're far too proud
They prance like a goddess with a spiraling crown on her head
With intentions never to let the light in my spirit to be left for dead
She's rising above and beyond all that lives in me
She's one that I must never forget
one that sometimes consumes me to fight & that I must just let
Forgetting however that she's a mirage
I'm often left crippled and in despair when the demons barge in while she's taking the time to recharge.

So before I know it, night falls again and all the shine in me shuts down,
dark and empty, exhausted and aching I for a moment ask how
question if I can keep being brave, if I can somehow survive this
just then the stars, suns, nebulae, glowing in all their brightness
illuminating inside me reminding that dreams and all that aren't the only beautiful within me, within my reality I glow,
I accept the good with the cracks & as you can see it's something I'm willing to show.
See, the goddess and depression, the nightmares and dreams are two ends of the scale
So when will we trealize that life will only be beautiful if we're willing to acknowledge both sides of the tale.

Comments