The Adventures of The Single Feminist // Fake Deep


He walks in with his "intelligence" soaked in his skin as if it's the most expensive cologne.
Yet ask him for his opinion on modern society and what comes out of his mouth proceeds to be bullshit straight from his colon.
He dresses with a Tumblr aesthetic
and his attempts to dabble in topics he doesn't understand is unbelievably pathetic.
It actually makes me cringe
the way he wears the mask of an intellectual as if it's his own skin
& it's amazing how he thinks that I can't see right through him.
He brushes me off because my gall to speak merely stems from feminism
"These days everybody just wants to be equal, despite their race, gender and sexuality?"
I don't even know where to find the strength to explain the concept of intersectionality.

I met this one dude through my friends because they thought he was deep.
More like fake deep, I swear this man tried to tell a black woman that racism doesn't exist.
I didn't even bother to find out if he was sexist.
He made it pretty clear from that statement that he really ain't shit.
I met this other dude who tried turning me into his feminazi bulldog
His words were laced with blood trying to raise my temper so I'll scream and bark
But he thinks this makes me some kind of complicated work of art
When I open my mouth to argue he doesn't mind because I'm pretty & now interesting enough to fuck.
I am merely something to be tamed.
Like I didn't state that I was a feminist, I didn't define what I was by name.

When you're a woman they feel the need to simplify you
because you can't be too many things, you can't be this and that too.
He asks how I can identify as a "hoe" but can still sit my ass down and get through one of Maya Angelou's books
As if I do these things as bait in attempts to get niggas on my hook.
Because everything we do is just for men.
Because my whole existence is a prayer and when I'm taken I can finally sigh "amen".
Nothing more frustrating than black men breaking down the logistics of racism
But uses
the same logic to oppress black women, taking on a monstrous form of narcissism.
You looked at his cover and he seemed promising
But when you point out facts he thinks it's just an opinion
But you're the real deal who knows that no matter how woke you are, you will never be woke enough.
You won't let your knowledge derail your ego because you know a lot of work needs to be done.
But there are moments when you consider selling your soul
When even "wise"men conclude that your stance on society is rather... bold?
For wanting equality, representation and justice for all.
But I mean Beyonce told me to get in formation
So I accept their ego's need to think I need them to accept me with acclimation.
All I know is when a real deep nigga talks I'm obligated
To slay trick or I'll be eliminated.
But until then I need to swerve the fake deep.
While these "woke" men troll the world as just another misogynistic sheep.

Comments